The Clean Energy International Forum brings together representatives of energy and mining companies, the scientific and expert community, non-profit organizations, as well as public authorities on one platform.
Forum Clean Energy has been held in St. Petersburg regularly since 2015. The Forum is organized by the ENERPO Research Center with the support of the Renewable Energy Development Association, the Climate Partnership of Russia, as well as leading international consulting companies and Russian energy and raw materials companies.
The Program of the Event
Traditionally, the Forum program includes the most pressing issues of the global and Russianenergy agenda, including the topics: energy transition, sustainable development, decarbonization of the economy, green financing mechanisms, climate strategy of Russian cities, successful practices and cases of large international companies.
An important component of each program is also the issues of communication and dissemination of successful practices – how to make these practices and examples known and find wider application in Russia.
In recent years, the focus has been on discussions around the following issues:
- Transition to the use of cleaner energy sources.
- Practical examples of the implementation of state, regional and corporate climate strategies.
- Scientific research in the field of energy and climate.
- The consequences of climate change in general for Russia and for St. Petersburg in particular.
Over the years, the Clean Energy Forum has become an important platform for dialogue, bringing together representatives of Russian and foreign businesses, government, scientific organizations and NGOs in one place. Representatives of the following companies and organizations were also invited to participate in the Forum:
- United Nations Economic Commission for Europe (Branko Milicevic)
- Department of State Energy Policy of the Ministry of Energy of the Russian Federation (Alexey Kulapin)
- National Carbon Sequestration Foundation (Oleg Pluzhnikov)
- Fund for Infrastructure and Educational Programs of the RUSNANO Group (Alexey Kachai, Tatiana Lyubovskaya)
- Heads and members of the Russian Union of Industrialists and Entrepreneurs
- Committee for Nature Use, Environmental Protection and Ecological Safety of the Government of St. Petersburg
- Gazpromneft, Strategy and Innovation Department
- Rosatom State Corporation (Polina Lyon)
- RUSSINVEST (Alexander Bychkov)
- En+ Group (Alexander Butmanov)
- Polymetal (Daria Goncharova)
- "Scania-Rus" (Vakhtang Partsvaniya)
- Baltic (Ekaterina Ivanova)
- Lafarge Holcim (Vitaly Bogachenko)
- Baker&McKenzie (Tim Heitling, Roman Ishmukhametov)
- Standard&Poors (Mikhail Davydov)
- AuditEnergoGroup (Iya Gordeeva)
- Carbon Trust (Tom Cumberlege)
- European University at St. Petersburg (Maxim Titov, Olga Teplova)
- Peter the Great St. Petersburg Polytechnic University (SPbPU) (Victor Elistratov)
- RANEPA (Alexandra Avdonina)
- Luzin Institute for Economic Studies of the Kola Science Centre of the Russian Academy of Sciences (Svetlana Tuinova)
- Nizhny Novgorod State Technical University (Sergey Sergeev)
- Hanze University of Applied Sciences (Jan-jaap Aué)
- WWF of Russia (Eugene Schwartz)
- Renewable Energy Development Association (Alexey Zhikharev,Olga Ukhanova)
- Solar Coalition (Alexander Muhring, Netherlands)
- Center for Energy Efficiency (Igor Bashmakov)
- EthnoExpert (Daria Ryazantseva)