Excerpts from the EUSP library rules
7.1 The University Library is an academic and educational library whose main task is to aid the academic research process
7.2 Access to the library reading room and stacks is granted to:
- Students studying and auditing classes at the university;
- Researchers (presented by the faculty dean);
- Instructors and other university employees;
- EUSP masters student’s (including graduates and co-researchers);
- Affiliated academics;
- Founders of the university;
- Members of the board of trustees;
- Donators to the collection;
- Upper level graduate students and academics and researchers from other academic institutions (on a pay for use basis).
7.3 Students of the professional requalification programs, as well as university instructors and other employees, have subscription privileges in the library.
7.7 The EUSP library annually re-registers students at the beginning of the academic year.
7.8 EUSP library users have open access to all library print sources in the stacks as well as in the reading rooms <…>
Books may be checked out for no longer than 30 days with the option of renewal as long as the book has not been requested by another user. To renew a book, it should be brought in to the library and re-registered. Users are allowed to check out no more than 5 books at a time; instructors are allowed up to 10 books. <…> Periodicals, reference literature, and materials from reserve shelves may not be checked out of the library.
7.9 Use of electronic full text databases is provided through licensed agreements and subject to those terms.
7.10 Failure to return materials to the library in a timely manner may result in the user being barred from using the library for a period of up to 1-12 months as per the discretion of the library administration. Flagrant abuse of library policy may result in expulsion from the university.
7.11 If library materials are damaged, the user is required to pay the following fines:
- Damage to cover – costs of re-binding
- Damage to pages – cost of replacing the publication
- Damage to book – find identical replacement or pay full market price of the book
7.13 Students must return library materials by 15 February after the fall semester and by 25 June after the spring semester.