Doctor of science, author of more than 130 scientific publications, member of numerous state councils and committees on strategic development of the Russian economics.
In the 1990s Auzan was one of the founders of the Russian Consumer's Protective Rights Association.
In 2005-2011 he headed the Association of Russian Economic Think-Tanks
During his career, Auzan headed and took chair in various governmental committees, including:
- Presidential Council for Civil Society and Human Rights
- Head of the Advisory Working Group of the Economic Council under the President of the Russian Federation
- Presidential Commission for Modernization and Technological Development of Russia's Economy
- Governmental Commission on Administrative Reform
- Public Council under the Ministry of Economic Development of Russia
- Expert Council on Contractual Relations with the Ministry of Economic Development of Russia
- Head of the Expert Group "Optimization of State's Presence — Reducing Regulatory Functions and Ensuring Transparency and Feedback from Citizens and Businesses".