Tuesday, 12 October, at 10am BST. Register here.
What could a coal phase-out in Russia look like? This event will discuss the Russian coal sector and prospective elements of a coal phase-out in the country. Building on findings from the project ‘The Russian Coal Sector: Challenges and Transition Opportunities’ convened by Climate Strategies, we will be debating Russia’s climate policies, including the coal sector and energy transitions.
- Anna Korppoo, Fridtjof Nansen Institute
- Nikita Lomagin, European University at St. Petersburg
- Tatiana Lanshina, Russian Presidential Academy of National Economy and Public Administration
- George Safonov, Higher School of Economics, Russia
- Matt Huxham, member of the project‘s Advisory Group
- Irina Kustova, Centre for European Policy Studies
Join this event to learn more and ask our panellists and speakers questions during the Q&A.
We will record the event and share the recording afterwards.
|TIME||SPEAKERS & AGENDA|
|10:10–10:20||Nikita Lomagin: Introduction to the Russian coal sector|
|10:20–10:35||Anna Korppoo: Russia’s climate policies|
|10:35–10:40||Introduction of speakers|
|10:45–10:50||Georgy Safonov: Russia’s regional diversification vision|
|10:50–10:55||Tatiana Lanshina: ‘Green’ regional diversification scenarios|
|10:55–11:00||Introduction of panel|
|11:00–11:30||Panel discussion with Q&A
Panellists: Irina Kustova (CEPS) and Matt Huxham (Advisory Group member)
Фото: Climate Strategies