Candidate of Science in Economics; Professor in the Institutional Economics department at the Higher School of Economics (St. Petersburg.)
Main research interests: new institutional economic history, the Austrian School of Economics, public choice theory and constitutional political economy
- Oil Boom: Is It Devastating to Property Rights and the Rule of Law? // Resource Curse and Post-Soviet Eurasia: Oil, Gas and Modernization. Eds. V.Gelman & O. Marganiya. Lanham; Boulder; New York: Lexington Books, 2010. Р. 73-96.
- Oil Boom and Government Finance in Russia: Stabilization Fund and Its Fate // Resource Curse and Post-Soviet Eurasia: Oil, Gas and Modernization. Eds. V.Gelman & O. Marganiya. Lanham; Boulder; New York: Lexington Books, 2010. Р. 123-148.
- From Marxist Economics to Post-Soviet Nationalism//Economics in Russia: Studies in Intellectual History. Ed.s. V. Barnett and J. Zweynert. Aldershot: Ashgate, 2008. P.173-185.
- Rent-Seeking and Rent-Setting: Government Versus Competition (The Case of St. Petersburg) // Real and Financial Economic Dynamics in Russia and Eastern Europe. Eds. T. Lane, N. Oding and J. Welfens. Berlin-Heidelberg: Springer-Verlag, 2003. P.181-193.
- (Co-author L. Savulkin) Rent-Seeking in the Regions: The Politics of Property Rights Protection in St. Petersburg // Explaining Post-Soviet Patchworks. Vol. 3: The Political Economy of Regions, Regimes and Republics. Ed. K. Segbers. Aldershot: Ashgate, 2001. P. 19-55.
For publications in Russian please see this page