Researcher, Lecturer, Curator of exhibition programs, Interdepartmental Center "Petersburg Judaica"
Degree: Candidate of Science in Architecture
Since 2000 - Senior researcher, curator of exhibition program at the Jewish Heritage Center “Petersburg Judaica”. Since 2005 - Chief administrator of the Interdepartmental Center for Jewish Studies of the EUSP. In 2004 she was nominated with the Charles Hoffman Reward for achievements in the field of Jewish Studies.
- Shtetl Houses and Synagogues: From the History of Architecture to Stories about Architectural Monuments // Collected papers of the International Congress “Jewish Architecture in Europe”. Braunschwaig, 2008 (In print).
- Photographs for the “Album of Jewish Artistic Antiquities”. Photo-archive of An-sky’s expeditions, 1912–1914. Vol. 4. St. Petersburg, 2008.
- Jewish sights: exoticization of places and objects as a way of presenting local “Jewish antiquity” by the inhabitants of little towns // Jewish Space in Central and Eastern Europe. Day-to-Day History. Ed. by J. `iau iknait-Verbickien and L. Lempertien. Cambridge, 2007: 261–280.
- Brick as an Instrument of Innovative Assault: The transformation of the House-Building Tradition in the Shtetls of Podolia in the late 19th and early 20th centuries // Central and East European Jews at the Crossroads of Tradition and Modernity. Vilnius 2006: 188–219.
- Contemporary Images of the Shtetl amongst the Ukrainian Population of Urban-type Settlements and Villages of Podolia // Moving in the USSR. Western Anomalies and Northern Wilderness. Ed. by Pekka Hakamies. Helsinki: Finnish Literature Society, 2005: 130–159.
- Experience on Examination and Documentation of Houses from Traditional Town Blocks of Shtetls in Podolia (Ukraine) // HistoricLe Patrimoine Juif Europeen. Ed. By M. Polonovski. Paris-Louvian, 2002: 67–92.
- Synagogues and Dwelling Houses in the Shtetls of Podolia // Historic Cities and Sacred Sites. Cultural Roots for Urban Futures. Washington D.C., 2001: 293-296.
- The Podolian Shtetl as Architectural Phenomenon // The Shtetl: Image and Reality. Papers of the Second Mendel Freidman International Conference on Yiddish. European Humanities Research Center of University of Oxford. Ed. by G. Estraikh and M. Krutikov. Oxford, 2000: 36 - 79.
- Architectural Space of the Shtetl—Street—House: Jewish Homes in the Shtetls of Eastern Podolia // Trumah. Zeitschrift der Hochschule fur Judische Studien. Heidelberg. Berlin, 1998. Bd. 7: 35—85.
- A Study of the Architecture of the Ancient Jewish Towns of Eastern Podolia, Including the Graphic Reconstruction of a Typical Jewish Market Street // Research Support Scheme Network Chronicle. № 2. Prague, 1996: 10–12.
Field and archival survey
- 2005-2008 “Museum of the Jewish Oral History” Field studies
- 2006-2007 “Photo-archive of An-sky’s expeditions, 1912 - 1914” (with financial support of the Rothschild Foundation Europe) archival survey and exhibition project
- 2001-2002 “The Conditions of Constructing New Russia: Interactions of Traditions and Europeanness in the Development of 20th Century Russia” (Institute of Eastern Europe of the Helsinki University)
- 1994-1996 Documenting Jewish architectural heritage in Lithuania, Moldova, and Romania (Center for Jewish Art of Hebrew University at Jerusalem) Field studies