Those students who do not wish to enroll in an MA degree program at EUSP may choose to apply for the Certificate Program in one of two fields of study: Russian and Eurasian Studies or Energy Politics in Eurasia and spend one or two semesters in St. Petersburg.
Those enrolled in the Certificate Program (IMARES Certificate or ENERPO Certificate) will be expected to register for full residence units and to select courses for earning at least 18 credits per semester. The maximum number of credits is 30 per semester.
Advanced undergraduates are welcome to enroll in the USSR program. Strong recommendations from faculty members at the student’s home institution are essential for admission.
You may start the Certificate program twice a year. The fall semester starts at the beginning of September. The spring semester starts at the beginning of March. You may choose whichever start date best suits your needs.
Admissions continue on a rolling basis. Early applications are strongly encouraged. Due to a somewhat lengthy Russian Study Visa issuing process, we ask to send the completed application form no later than
June 30, 2021, for enrollment in Fall Semester 2021
October 30, 2021, for enrollment in Spring Semester 2022
In case you miss the deadline, please write to us to discuss the possibility of a late application.
There are 3 easy steps to apply for the Certificate program at EUSP:
- Complete the Application form
- Send us all the required documents
- Receive notification of acceptance/rejection
- Scanned copy of your Passport. Your international passport validity period must be at least 6 months following the date you are planning to leave Russia on completing the program (e.g. if you intend to stay in Russia until June 30, 2022, your passport expiry date shouldn't be earlier than December 30, 2022)
- Scanned copy of your Bachelor's degree diploma (or documentation that proves you will receive your diploma this year)
- Scanned copy of your Academic Transcript
- Your Statement of Purpose (about 500 words, including a statement of goals, research interests and experiences, including the subject of your bachelor thesis)
- Two letters of recommendation from academics who are closely acquainted with your academic work
- Your Curriculum Vitae